- Expected behavior must be communicated, taught and modeled throughout the school year.
- Every disciplinary infraction is an opportunity to teach expected behavior.
- All students will have access to learning opportunities; this should not be hindered by other student’s behavior.
- The misbehavior of one student will not be allowed to interfere with the learning opportunities of other students.
- Students are expected to complete all learning objectives, regardless of behavior.
- The misbehavior of a student will not excuse him/her from successfully completing learning objectives.
- Parents are our equal partners and have a responsibility to ensure that their children’s behaviors do not take away from a safe, orderly and academically productive learning environment of others.
Our goal is that all students follow school-wide behavior expectations. When we observe them treating others with kindness, trying their best, and being respectful, we acknowledge them by giving positive verbal feedback and other positive incentives.